His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai wrote an open letter containing words of advice for officials, ministers, and leaders on Twitter.
The message, which was described as “The Letter of the New Season” by HH Sheikh Mohammed, was published on Saturday – a day before the UAE announced the formation of a new committee chaired by HH Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Presidential Affairs.
The tweet said, “Brothers and sisters … Our citizens … With the start of a new season of achievements in our country, I would like to take this opportunity to address several issues.”
الإخوة والأخوات .. المواطنين والمواطنات .. مع بداية موسم جديد للعمل والانجاز في بلادنا .. أحببت أن أوجه مجموعة من الرسائل … pic.twitter.com/aJ6EXyDxa5
— HH Sheikh Mohammed (@HHShkMohd) August 31, 2019
While the letter mainly addressed the dissemination of information through social media platforms, HH Sheikh Mohammed also reflected on the importance of Emiratization, the country’s economy, and public concerns. The message, which included six main points, marked a new start for the United Arab Emirates.
1. The significance of leaders, ministers, and officials, being present amongst the public and not in conferences or meetings. “We are a government of achievements, not a government of lectures. We are a team of accomplishers, not a team of preachers,” wrote His Highness Sheikh Mohammed.
2. The letter discussed the use of social media and how it can tarnish the long-standing credibility of the UAE if the influential personalities keep using their platforms for personal agendas. His Highness noted, “messing around and stirring up chaos on social media waste achievements for which thousands of teams worked so hard to realize. The reputation of the UAE is a red line and not to be used by anyone who wants to get more followers.”
3. The message established the top priority for the UAE, which is Emiratization. “Providing jobs for Emiratis was and will remain a top priority. Like other states in the East and West, we will closely follow up this issue and will hold accountable those negligent — and there will be new decisions as well,” the Ruler of Dubai stated in the letter.
4. The steps that will continue to increase and grow the country’s economy. The letter stated, “We are a country seeking to make economic leaps that save. In the coming period, we need to do quality projects and exceptional ideas to advance our economy forward. Real estate projects need to be revamped to bring added value to the national economy and so as to not to become a burden and a source of imbalance in our economic process.”
5. The visionary leader expresses the urgency to prioritize public concerns and not to avoid them. “I ask everyone to respect any caller on live streaming or communication means — and to reply and solve his/her issues. Enormous resources will be useless if we don’t have big hearts, an open-minded attitude, and good conduct,” said the Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai.
6. His Highness Sheikh Mohammed encourages citizens and leaders to be positive about the future. Ending in a motivational note, he writes, “I say to everyone — be optimistic. The next is better and greater. We are one of the readiest countries for the future and we are the most competitive country in the region. We are the fastest growing country in the number of projects.”
Shortly after the letter, on Sunday, the UAE Cabinet formed a committee to effectively implement the vision of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai.
The meeting at Al Watan Palace in Abu Dhabi established the launch of a new season. The committee will work on a 100-day plan to reinforce the issues addressed in Sheikh Mohammed’s open letter.
According to WAM, His Highness Sheikh Mohammed said, “Our message was delivered, and actions are more important than words. We will fulfill what we have promised. I reiterate my confidence in all ministers and leaders to assume their responsibilities to our people.”
كما وجهنا المجلس الوطني للإعلام بضبط وسائل التواصل الاجتماعي ووضع معايير عالية لمن يدافع عن الوطن في وسائل التواصل تخاطب العقول وتكسب العقول وتعزز من رصيد دولة الإمارات عربيا ودوليا .. وخصصنا الجلسة القادمة للمجلس لمناقشة موضوع التوطين .. وهو الموضوع الأهم في موسم عملنا القادم pic.twitter.com/6BaPVTpo1C
— HH Sheikh Mohammed (@HHShkMohd) September 1, 2019
As part of a new movement, The UAE Cabinet guided the National Media Council to closely monitor social media sites and defend the country, the Government Communication Office of General Secretariat to observe live news and social media feeds as well as respond to public concerns; UAE’s Health Council to restructure public health laws related to nutritional value labels on products and adopt the ‘National Policy for Communicable Disease Control’ that would promote community health. Additionally, the cabinet attended to industrial, taxation, investment, and international concerns.
In a statement to WAM, Chairman of the committee His Highness Sheikh Mansour said, “the Federal Government has adopted a universal performance model based on the directives of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed, which is a global model in government performance.”
Read Next: HH Sheikh Mohammed Shared an Inspiring Message on Emirati Women’s Day