With a new Vogue Arabia issue, comes not one but two brand new augmented reality (AR) experiences. Since our annual Saudi issue converges fashion and art, this month, readers will get to watch the artwork on the cover come to life before their eyes.
Pointing your mobile phone camera at one of the two covers, which features the Kingdom’s rising models Shahad Salman and Abdulrahman Alammar, will set Saudi artist Lulwah Al Homoud‘s bespoke art in motion. The internationally renowned artist’s work can usually be seen on the walls of some of the biggest museums and galleries around the world, including the Los Angeles County Museum of Art and the collections of the British Museum, so watching her designs animated is an experience you don’t want to miss.
The second cover starring two generations of Saudi singers: the legendary Abadi Al-Johar and newcomer Tamtam is made more special with the soulful sound of Al-Johar’s oud. Almost as if watching him live, the singer can be seen playing the instrument which is hand-painted by rising talent Abdulaziz AlAbdulaziz with this signature colorful work.
How to get started:
1. On your phone, click the link below to unlock the experience.
2. After allowing the link to access your phone’s camera, point it at one of the covers of Vogue Arabia’s June 2021 issue.
3. For sound, simply tap the magazine on your phone screen.
4. Flip the magazine to discover the other experience.
5. Sit back, enjoy, and make sure to share your experiences on social media and tag #VogueArabia.
More AR experiences are being developed by the Vogue Arabia team, so stay tuned.