Ouzi pockets are perfect for Ramadan and can be served as a main or an appetizer. To make the process that much easier, M&S’ Cook With M&S Ras El Hanout blend combines all the spices you need to create a flavorsome dish. Enjoy these flaky, delectable baked parcels this Ramadan, which are sure to be a hit at any iftar table.
Ouzi Rice Pockets
1. 500g M&S frozen puff pastry
2. 1 cup basmati rice
3. 250g ground lamb
4. ½ cup green peas
5. ½ cup pine nuts
6. 1 tsp Cook With M&S Ras El Hanout
7. Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C / fan 180°C / gas mark 6.
2. In a pot, cook the ground lamb in oil over medium-high heat until browned.
3. Season the meat with salt, pepper, and Cook With M&S Ras El Hanout spice blend.
4. Add the peas and pine nuts and continue cooking until the peas have softened.
5. Add the rice then cover with 1½ cups of water and allow it to come to a boil.
6. Once it starts to boil, reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes.
7. When it’s cooked, fluff the rice with a fork and allow it to cool completely.
8. Roll out the puff pastry sheet and cut into squares.
9. Place a tablespoon of the rice mixture in the center of each puff pastry square and then fold one corner of the pastry over the filling to the opposite corner to form a triangle. Crimp the edges with a fork, if you wish.
10. Brush the top of the pastry triangles with egg wash and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
Remove the pastries from the oven, and serve with a side of yogurt and cucumber dip.
Behind the name Lady Spatula, Suad Shamma is a mother and wife who loves books, coffee, and of course, food. She started her blog to create a space to store all her favorite recipes that have become a staple in her household and cater to the recipe requests and inquiries received from her family, friends, and fans. A lot of her recipes have been handed down to Suad from her mother, while other recipes were whipped up by Suad in her quest to create something new and delicious.