She’s a singer, a mother, the owner of a makeup brand and now, she can be a part of all your social media posts. Emirati-Yemeni music sensation Balqees Fathi is the latest personality to become a part of Vogue Arabia’s new augmented reality (AR) experiences. After launching earlier this month with our April cover star HH Sheikha Fatima bint Hazza bin Zayed Al Nahyan, this new AR experience takes it a step further by bringing a virtual version of the singer herself, wearing Bahraini brand Noon by Noor, to wherever you may be. Interact with the singer and share your videos with us using the hashtag #VogueArabia.
How to get started:
1. On your phone, click the link below to unlock the experience.
2. Allow access to motion and orientation sensors as well as the camera.
3. Find a clear open space to set your background
4. Press your screen to place the hologram
5. Expand or decrease using your finger to zoom in or out
6. Get creative — record your screen and share your videos on social media using #VogueArabia.
Fathi features in our April issue, photographed in statement makeup, as she discusses her newest venture and deeply personal project, Bex Beauty. From opening up about why it was important for her to create a makeup brand catering to the needs of Arab women, to her ambitious plans to expand it internationally, read the full interview with the star here.