This time around, the F1 Grand Prix atmosphere will last for five days and will build-up to the 48th UAE National Day. The organizers released the schedule for on-track and off-track entertainment on Tuesday, and it’s more than we expected.
The diverse range of activities caters to race-lovers, families, and children. Here is what they can expect:
1. Pit Lane Walk: Taking place on Super Thursday, the Public Pit Lane Walk is an unmissable opportunity for car-lovers to watch the teams up-close and personal.
2. Yas Hot Laps: Get the chance to drive around a Formula 1 circuit in a supercar piloted by a professional racing driver. Experience the adrenaline rush as they complete one lap around the track in a supercar.
3. After-Race concerts: The F1 ticket holders get complimentary access to watch award-winning artist Travis Scott and American band The Killers perform live at the newly revamped KartZone.
4. National Day Parade: The last day of the most anticipated event coincides with UAE’s national day. Visitors can get in the Emirati spirit and head to Abu Dhabi Hill where they can witness car parades, drifting, food trucks, fireworks, street performers, an escape room, and F1 simulators.
5. Vintage Car Auction: For the first time, the Yas Marina Circuit will showcase and auction the world’s most vintage cars, providing the ultimate heaven for car enthusiasts.
6. Offers and discounts: Culture enthusiasts are in for a treat as they will receive a 50 percent discount on an entry ticket to the Louvre Abu Dhabi. The family pass will also entitle ticket holders to a 50 percent markdown on three kids – under the age of 12 – for every two adults that purchase a North Grandstand three-day ticket. Additionally, the Kids Go Free package can enable children under the age of 12 to enter for free if parents register online ahead of the weekend. However, the offers don’t end here. The Super Parks Pass provides an all-access pass to families who wish to visit any of the Yas Island theme parks.
An event for all, the 2019 Abu Dhabi F1 Grand Prix Festival is not one to miss.