Bassam Fattouh made his name by understanding what women want when it comes to beauty. From creating editorial to red carpet and wedding looks for the regions A-list, of note Elissa and Haifa Wehbe, he is a master when it comes to skin. Leading the way when it comes to contouring he shares his top tips for perfecting and shaping the face.
1. The shape of the face has to be taken into consideration whenever we start the contouring process, as well as the areas that we need to enhance and work on. Each face shape has its own technique – not the same contouring technique works on all face shapes.
2. The right blending technique is a very important step and has to be well applied since the goal of contouring is to make your face as natural as possible.
3. The correct contouring brush plays a big role in the end result; it helps you spread and blend the product evenly and smoothly on the face.
4. To achieve a flawless look, we need to hide the blemishes and the skin breakouts. A good concealer or corrector on the affected areas will do the job.
5. For the contouring avoid using unnatural shades such as the colors that tend to be a bit orangy and red. Always go for natural brownish or nude shades that will look natural on the skin.
6. The highlight plays a big role in the final result of the makeup. It is as important as the contouring itself. So the right highlight has to be also applied and well blended on the face to get a smooth and natural look.