Fairies are real—on the Atelier Versace runway, at least. For Fall, Donatella and co. sent out a parade of delicate pieces inspired by the flora and fauna of the forest. While you wait for Nicole Phelps’ full review of the collection, stay informed with 10 talking points, below.
1. 26,000 orchids were laid on the runway underneath glass panels, while a Medusa head made by the blooms framed the entrance to the runway.
2. Lara Stone opened the show in a long-sleeved lavender number fit for a modern Titania.
3. In addition to Stone, some of modeling’s most-famed names flew in to Paris for the show, including Caroline Trentini, Karlie Kloss, Sasha Pivovarova, Jamie Bochert, Mariacarla Boscono, and Doutzen Kroes.
4. Makeup by Pat McGrath consisted of golden-green eyeshadow; glossy rose lips; and—in typical Versace fashion—glowing, radiant skin.
5. It might be a Fall Couture show, but the hair by Guido Palau was spring-festival-ready with loose, beach waves.
6. We’re willing to accept the return of the flower crown if it means dainty, chic headwear like those on the Atelier Versace runway.
7. Several dresses featured cutaway boning for a romantic take on Versace’s signature body-con dresses.
8. Amid the corseting and pastel flowers came a gown worn by Daria Strokous complete with a voluminous, tiered skirt and a cutout over the thighs—all the better to show off her strut.
9. No Versace look is complete without some platform go-go boots.
10. Even the most angelic Versace fairy has a little bit of a dark side.