We’re all familiar with the downsides of having fine or thin hair; it tangles easily, you need at least half a bottle of hairspray to hold a hairstyle, and it gets stringy if you use too much conditioner. But having fine strands also comes with its advantages, and can even make you the envy of those with thicker manes. Read below for nine reasons why you should be grateful for your fine tresses.
1. You don’t go through as many shampoo bottles and hair styling products as your thick-haired counterparts.
2. You don’t need to spend too much time detangling your strands in the shower, which comes in handy once the hot water starts to go cold.
3. Who needs a hairdryer? Fine locks dry almost instantly.
4. Sleeping in is a luxury you can afford since you don’t have to set aside a whole day to style your hair.
5. Straightening your hair takes no more than 15 minutes (20 minutes if you’re doing it with painstaking attention).
6. On the days you want to pamper yourself with a blowout, you don’t need to spend hours in the salon chair; you can be in and out in a flash.
7. Fine hair is naturally shiny, smooth, and silky.
8. Your fingers never get stuck when you run them through your hair as you attempt to flirt with your crush.
9. You don’t have to search for clips and bobby pins that get lost in your mane. And on the off-chance that you do, they’re still in perfect condition and not disfigured beyond recognition. Similarly, your hair ties don’t snap when you try to secure your ponytail.
Homepage image: alessandraambrosio / Instagram