Singer Shakira celebrates her 39th birthday today and the petite beauty with blond wavy mane is still on top of her game. The Hips Don’t Lie singer of Columbian and Lebanese descent is known for her chart-topping hits in both English and Spanish as well as her signature belly dancing moves that are emphasized by her hourglass figure. Whether she’s performing on stage or in her music videos, the mother of two isn’t afraid to flaunt her killer curves. In honor of Shakira’s birthday, we bring you five flattering style tips that highlight hourglass-shaped figures.
1. Not only are A-line dresses universally flattering, they are also timeless closet pieces that instantly give you a polished look.
Freesia strapless striped color-block dress
US $2,139; AED/SAR 7,875
2. Maximize your feminine shape with a fit-and-flare jacket that sculpts your small waist and softly transitions to the hips. We recommend this fitted tailored blazer with pleated peplum detail.
Peplum blazer in stretch-crepe
US $2,273; AED/SAR 8,350
3. Invest in a belted wrap dress. The soft material hugs every curve in a flattering way and the plunging neckline instantly gives you a slimming effect, making it the silhouette that works around the clock.
Diane Von Fürstenberg
US $719; AED/SAR 2,641
4. High-waist flared skirts with a thick band draw attention to the torso and simultaneously balance out the bust and hip ratio.
Floral print skirt
US $1,691; AED/SAR 6,210
5. The most striking jeans for curvy figures are high-waist and flared. The fitted silhouette outlines your frame and the flared cut will give you the illusion of legs for days.
The ‘70s flared jeans
US $257; AED/SAR 944