Looking every bit the epitome of ethereal beauty, the 16-year-old Elle Fanning paired her fairy tale Alexander McQueen dress with rosy cheeks, barely there makeup, glittery eyes, and a head full of romantic waves at the Maleficent Japan Premiere held in Tokyo a few days ago. This easy to recreate look is all about soft waves that look and feel completely natural.
To get Fanning’s romantic waves for yourself, simply follow these 5 easy steps.
1. Prep damp hair with a heat protective spray or a heat-activated reconstructing cream such as the Drybar Hot Toddy Heat Protector Frizz Fighter. This lightweight lotion is suitable for all hair types and reduces friction and overheating up to 450 degrees for a shiny, controlled finish.
2. Roughly dry your hair until it is halfway dry, and then blow dry the rest using a large ceramic brush.
3. Take 1 inch sections of hair, and starting mid-shaft, wrap the hair around a 1.5 inch curling iron. If you’re in need of a curling iron, the Amika 4 Piece Interchangeable Barrel Curler Set is a great option as it includes four clip-free barrels for smooth curls and waves of any size and style.
4. When you’ve curled all of your hair, flip it over and shake out for a soft, natural wave.
5. Finish with a lightweight hairspray to hold.