The Dubai World Trade Centre was jam-packed on Monday with aspiring makeup artists, professional hairdressers, journalists, celebrities, and excited fans, all eager to learn exclusive hair and makeup techniques from the experts and to meet the Mane Addicts’ celebrity models: Kuwaiti social media sensation Fouz Alfahad and the youngest of the Kardashian sisters, Khloe.
The seminar went on from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and consisted of two different sessions in which renowned makeup artists Sir John and Mary Phillips and sought-after celebrity hairstylists Jen Atkins and Harry Josh shared some of their best-kept secrets and tricks. For those who didn’t get a chance to attend the event, don’t worry; we were there all day. From getting rid of dark circles for good to Khloe Kardashian’s favorite products, these are the 10 most important things we learned from Mane Addicts in Dubai.
1. Khloe Kardashian and Fouz Alfahad look just as amazing without makeup as they do with it.
2. Instead of trying to conceal your dark circles, get rid of them for good with a tip by Beyoncé’s personal makeup artist Sir John. He revealed that anything with vitamin K increases circulation, which in turn reduces the appearance of dark circles; so to get rid them over time, drink one glass of kale juice per day. Those who want more instantaneous results can use the Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer (US $25; AED/SAR 92). Tip: gently rub it between fingers (a more efficient baking technique) before patting it on the under-eye area gently.
3. Sir John also exclusively revealed that Rogaine Foam increases hair growth on the scalp, eyebrows, and eyelashes.
4. Kris Jenner taught her daughters from a young age to never sleep with makeup on and to get a weekly mani/pedi. Khloe Kardashian’s first time at a salon was at the age of 13.
5. Fouz Alfahad’s hair is 100% her own.